Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Arcade - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spy Hunter thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Official Porchy fan club member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2013 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Breaking Dad Breaking Dad wrote:

My spy hunter story...Had a few around when i was a kid...stand up at the tattoo shop at the corner of my street..missed a few days of school standing in front of that machine..Then the sit down.....We would visit my Grandma on the weekends..The adults would sit around and smoke and drink scotch...not much fun for me at about 11 yrs old...so if I begged enough they would give me a few bucks and off I went....now mind you I'm 11...and this spy hunter was across a major street...(it must have been so easy to be a parent in the 80's..half a lol)....and after I crossed that scary street...there it was in a place called Major Magic's....the sit down spy hunter...the speakers right in your ear...the amazing song...the flashing lights...that steering wheel....all those buttons..man what a good time to be a kid....and that's my spy hunter story.....
          .........Joey
Nice story  Thumbs Up You still get Spy Hunters in the wild over in the states you lucky basts... Tongue Then again I've got an upright in my arcade room Smile just wish it worked Ouch goign to test a sound pcb in it later and hopefully will be back running Smile

- Ben
I Porchy
Breaking Dad View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
USA USA!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breaking Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2013 at 10:16am
You will get her going...you kind of have to now....you came this far...this should give you a chuckle...put mame on my xbox360....over 4000 games.....get it home....3997 of them worked...guess what didn't ....yep...spy hunter ( and 2 other staple games ...TRON....and Satans hollow(also played at Major Magic's as a kid)....so a few weeks later I go to my guy...we fiddle around with some roms...I got so excited that it worked...got home..fired up mame..boom right to spy hunter...BAM...comes right on...BIG smile on my face...van comes out ...FROWN...the song starts playing..sounds horrible ...popping and cracking..all other sounds fine..but no song means its unplayable in my book......good luck Ben................Joey
I have no more money for pinball machines...!!!....Joey
frothmeister View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2013 at 1:40pm
Sorting out a few more bits of Spy Hunter artwork to go in my games room.

Here is a few very rare Electrocoin marquees which were presumably made to go in the Electrocoin version of the cabinet which I'm not sure ever was actually released into the wild.

Dsyde obtained these when he took all the stuff from the Electrocoin warehouse and kindly passed them on to me. The one at the bottom is actually not a marquee, but a self adhesive sticker which presumably would have been used on the cab.

I believe D still has some sort of Spy Hunter prototype boardset that would have gone in the cab too and there was another one which Ben now has as well. I think it's different somehow - they are both different to the regular boards which go in the Bally/Midway cabinet pictured earlier in the thread.

Edited by frothmeister - 20 September 2013 at 1:41pm
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2013 at 1:45pm
Here is the original flyer I've had for many years:

FRONT/BACK

CENTRE PAGES
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2013 at 1:47pm
And here is a Spy Hunter Pinball flyer which I also acquired from D and have now framed.

Kill Screen
Kill Screen
USA USA!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breaking Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2013 at 2:32pm
Ahh memories...wish i could go back to being 11-12 yrs old with a pocket full of quarters... ..loved that sit down Spy Hunter.... ....Joey
Tronads View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2013 at 2:53pm
I recently played on a Spy Hunter out in the wild....must be pretty rare these days.
Pacman - 3,131,650
Donkey Kong - 389,000
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2014 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Tronads Tronads wrote:

I recently played on a Spy Hunter out in the wild....must be pretty rare these days.

Missed this post. Where did you see it Tronads? In the US I presume.
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
USA USA!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breaking Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2014 at 2:40am
I haven't seen one in the wild in a decade or longer...... ... About every 3 months one pops up for sale... but they fetch a lot ......Joey
Tronads View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2014 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by frothmeister frothmeister wrote:

Missed this post. Where did you see it Tronads? In the US I presume.
Yes, it was at the Player 1 Barcade at Lake Buenna Vista, Florida.

Perfect excuse for a family holiday to Disney World, its just 5 minutes away from Downtown Disney.
Pacman - 3,131,650
Donkey Kong - 389,000
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
USA USA!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breaking Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2014 at 4:14pm
Nice...wer bringing Jacob to Disney before he gets to big(10) .... Ima look for that..... .....Joey
zamoth View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zamoth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2014 at 12:49am
hi Danny it s my Spy hunter From Paris 
MOST WANTED APB ATARI : )

i love played old game ! 1980
Tronads View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tronads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2014 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Breaking Dad Breaking Dad wrote:

Nice...wer bringing Jacob to Disney before he gets to big(10) .... Ima look for that..... .....Joey

Here it is Joey. Easy enough to find. 
It's just a $5 cover to get in.

Pacman - 3,131,650
Donkey Kong - 389,000
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
USA USA!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breaking Dad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2014 at 3:20am
Sweet ,Thank you....that place looks great...!!!... Food looks good too...we should be going in the next few months.... ......Joey
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2015 at 11:59pm
Thought I would give this thread a bit of a bump, mainly after seeing this thread with a lovely cockpit project Spy Hunter for sale http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=73317&title=fs-spy-hunter-deluxe-bally-midway-cabinet . 

I would love to own this version some day, but alas due to space and cash constraints I can't see it happening unless I manage to win the lottery and afford a place where I can have a bigger games room.

I still love the game and still have the upright - though for the last 18 months or so my cab has been on loan with James (RGP). He has taken it to a few events and it's been enjoyed by members of the public which is great as I'm sure many people attending these events would not have seen one in a very long time.

I am looking forward to bringing it home though, perhaps later on in the year. I'm starting to miss it now - I just pray it doesn't break down again once I do get it back!LOL

Also how things have moved on since this thread was last active....Arcade Club up in Haslingden have had a Spy Hunter there on loan for people to play - the only working one I've seen in public in the UK since the 80's and Andy also now owns the machine that Ben bought, so presumably that one will be making an appearance at some stage at the new venue once it opens.Clap

Edited by frothmeister - 19 September 2015 at 12:00am
ian.maw View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian.maw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 8:48am
I am still planning to sell mine.

It is a sit down.

I will be looking for about £2k.

It works correctly and has new reproduction side art and working lighting.
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 9:04am
Didn't know you were planning to sell yours Ian?Shocked

I'd love to buy it, but there's just no way I could ever fit it in anywhere, even if I could raise the funds.Cry

ian.maw View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian.maw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2015 at 9:06am
That's a shame... Sorry to hear that.

I just haven't played it for a while and I could do with the money.

I also have a lot of spare parts to sell.

Cheers,

Ian
Body pop View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Body pop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 9:37pm
Here my wee European spyhunter cab
More pics to follow ,but there's a lot of diffences
It's really quite small and petite .
Loving this thread ,anyone seen one of these here before
It says Bally midway ,licensed by playtronics on attract screen

Edited by Body pop - 09 June 2017 at 11:48pm
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frothmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 11:05pm
That's an awesome looking cab Glenn.Cool I can't believe that I've never come across one of these ever before! Didn't even know it existed. Looking forward to some more pics mate.

Anybody else got any more info on this version? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic