Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Arcade Blogs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Japan, Arcades & Gaming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Dalmore View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2015 at 8:07am
Thanks! Nice site!!!
CPhoenix View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPhoenix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 9:15am
Nice blog, I've spent some time in Japan and there used to be a fantastic arcade at Kyoto station but its since gone. I think there's now one across the road as well as the one in A-Cho (turns out I was staying in Kurasuma which is 10 mins walk from there and I never knew).
snipa View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snipa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 1:28pm
Fantastic blog!
I've been following it for a while as I live in Great Yarmouth so your coastal arcade jaunts are of particular interest to me. Your Capcom Mini Restoration updates are equally as entertaining, too.

Just a quick question re: Yarmouth arcades, have you been to Atlantis recently? My latest visit, IIRC last summer, threw up a few pleasant surprises with Scud Race being amongst them. As it seems to close throughout the winter months I haven't had the chance to get down there since it has likely reopened.
BTW, there's a nice Battle Gear 3 in the bowling alley on Wellington Pier! I'd never played it before and with my first credit I was a little optimistic with my intermediate course and manual gear selection; it's pretty tough.
Shame that 'Dead Heat' seems to have very recently disappeared from Leisureland, though. Mario Kart GP 2 is still there mind.
jase38 View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jase38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2015 at 8:01pm
Hi mate, thanks for your kind words, its nice to hear you enjoy the blog. Smile

I'm not sure if Atlantis still has Scud Race tbh.  I've got a bad feeling it's gone, but I'll have to have a proper look on my next visit.  I do like a bit of Scud, and I know Hemsby still have one just down the road.  A very nice machine in fact, in excellent condition.

I last went down Yarmouth seafront a couple of weeks ago.  There are a couple of new additions, Time Crisis 5 and Jurassic Park.  But sadly Mach Storm has gone from Wellington Pier, and there is still no Star Wars Battle Pod grrrrrr.
snipa View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snipa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2015 at 1:36pm
I check your blog pretty much weekly for updates. Great to read with a cuppa and a biscuit at tea break time. If your better half is responsible for any of the content, including the photos, please pass on my thanks.

Sadly Welly Pier has a habit of axing good games although I never actually played Mach Storm Embarrassed
I did used to enjoy the Tokyo Cop they had around the entrance.
I cannot get on with that Batman thing at all. The car seems to go sideways and backwards an awful lot for me. It's like an FPS more than a driving game!
Let's hope they invest in a Battle Pod for the Summer season as I keep hearing great things about it.
It would seem that they're the most likely of all the arcades to get one.

Aaron10 View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2015 at 4:59pm
Great thread
snipa View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snipa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by jase38 jase38 wrote:

...still no Star Wars Battle Pod grrrrrr.

http://www.starwarsbattlepod.com/locations-uk

Norfolk

Haven - Seashore

North Denes, Great Yarmouth
Norfolk NR30 4HG

Haven - Hopton

Hopton-on-Sea, Nr Great Yarmouth
Norfolk NR31 9BW

Haven - Caister

Ormesby Road, Caister-on-Sea, Great Yarmouth
Norfolk NR30 5NQ

Haven - Wild Duck

Howard’s Common, Belton, Great Yarmouth
Norfolk NR31 9NE

I had a go in the one at Hopton over the weekend although there was security on the door most of the time preventing access without a site entertainment pass.
ggvicviper View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggvicviper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2015 at 6:32pm
Reading about your trip reminds me of the first time I went to Taiwan. While Japan is really the center for this stuff, Taiwan has a decent game center subculture too.

I remember being in Taichung and seeing a Club Sega game center. I remember it being pretty awesome. Stuff like Puzzle Bobble 4, Street Fighter IV, a few puzzle games, one or two Seibu shooting games, and a lot of other stuff. It was such a happy surprise to me, because I hadn't seen a real arcade in about 5 years since then.

My wife and I are planning to visit Japan next year, so I'd love to find some more centers like that. I'd like to see one of the Taito ones!
NY JAMMA Arcade Engine - Chief Officer and Engineer
http://www.nyjammaarcadeengine.com/

Brooklyn-born software engineer, bass player, and collector of unusual shooting/STG PCBs.
megalomaniac View Drop Down
High Score
High Score
Asobi wa owari da!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote megalomaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2016 at 8:22pm
Only just spotted this thread. We had our honeymoon in Japan too, end of July-early August of 2012. Thumbs Up

Edited by megalomaniac - 29 October 2016 at 8:23pm
Megalomaniac

"If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic