Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic > Mobile Gaming And Tablets
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blaze GameGadget

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blaze GameGadget
    Posted: 20 March 2012 at 10:04am
anyone thinking of getting this? looks nice and only £100!!

L00b View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L00b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2012 at 10:16am
From the spec at the link, sounds like a re-cased, somewhat less powerful GP2X Wiz without a touchscreen.

At that price, I think I'll stick to my GP2X F100 (£29 on eBay, with 8GB SDHC, 4x  nearly new 2600Mah Duracell AAs and wall charger) Wink
subzero View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2012 at 10:34am
oooooh £29 for a gp2x?? why didnt u say so!
subzero View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2012 at 10:35am
oh no wait, i had a gp2x before - didnt like it at all....
L00b View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L00b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2012 at 11:46am
Originally posted by subzero subzero wrote:

oooooh £29 for a gp2x?? why didnt u say so!
Because I was watching/bidding on it, and no-one else happened to be after one at the time? Wink

The stick isn't great, granted (although easily livable with, to be fair), but the device really is fabulous (for its time). Much prefer that for MAME-on-the-go, than the PSP Go or the Android-tablet-with-WiiMote.

I only got it as I've re-started collecting ("small-scale only this time, promised"...famous last words LOL) and I'm particularly/only after non-mainstream (so, e.g. nothing made by Sega or Nintendo <may make an exception for a virtual boy>).

Edited by L00b - 20 March 2012 at 11:47am
rockford View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2012 at 2:38pm
The GP2X is a nice machine - I've coded several games for it (and Wiz).

The GameGadget just seems to be lacking nowadays, especially when you can get better machines for the same price or less - check out the Yinlips Android based handheld, or the Caanoo etc.
I code, therefore I am.
Monkeyjizz View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monkeyjizz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2012 at 7:11pm
I currently play MAME on the iPad 2 with the Wii remote and think its pretty good, much better compatibility than I had with the psp, although final burn on the psp was very impressive!!! One of these would be best suited to someone who commutes for a while to get to work! That being said, the new NeoGeo handheld looks very nice!!!
©Baz 2014 My lawyers are watching.....

Directives:
1)Serve the public trust
2)Protect the innocent
3)Uphold the law
4)##Classified##
L00b View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L00b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2012 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Monkeyjizz Monkeyjizz wrote:

I currently play MAME on the iPad 2 with the Wii remote and think its pretty good
I'm finding MAME under Android (tablet) to be very good as well, but in terms of form factor, I'm the complete reverse of you: I find the 'Wiimote solution' just too cumbersome for 'proper' portable gaming (flights, train, waiting times here and there), and generally I only play MAME on my tablet (with Wiimote) when I'm feeling like a bit of big-screen (47" big, via HDMI out from the tablet) retro-gaming. Any other time my home office & PC are a better setup/environment for MAME.

subzero View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 8:58am
well i bought one, just awaiting its arrval!
Rich View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 6:18pm

Mine arrived yesterday !! Its a nice bit of kit, although doesnt feel as nice to hold as a DS Lite for example, but that may be because it's lighter ??

The only downside is Blaze have a problem with the activation link on their website, so us early adopters cant activate it to use the damn thing. However, in their defence Blaze are working over the Bank Holiday to get the problem rectified.

On the upside, I got it for £80 and it comes with 30 Megadrive games to download for free. It's also machine #72, which is the year of my birth Smile

Rich

Edited by Rich - 08 April 2012 at 8:41pm
1942...the epitome of 80's arcade gaming for me ! And I cant believe the user name "Rich" hadnt already been taken !!
subzero View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 2:42pm
im in no rush to get mine, will be happy to receive it by the time the server issues are sorted :)
Rich View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2012 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by subzero subzero wrote:

im in no rush to get mine, will be happy to receive it by the time the server issues are sorted :)

There have been some updates from Blaze on the GameGadegt FB page today..

Rich
1942...the epitome of 80's arcade gaming for me ! And I cant believe the user name "Rich" hadnt already been taken !!
subzero View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 6:29pm
got the console but still cant use it yet :(
DPrinny View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DPrinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2012 at 6:51pm
PSP was here.

Other machines are a bit meh
subzero View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subzero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 8:27am
omg this thing is a farce!! i got my refund last week thankfully before it gets worse - theyve pretty much closed their facebook page, their forums are run in a 'nazi' style with one customer being told when asked about what games to expect 'youre barking up the wrong tree - i wont warn you again, if you want to continue to complain please close the door on your way out'.

Lies and false promises by a company that deserve their product to fail

deltatrace View Drop Down
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deltatrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 9:17am
If only they'd make an Android version. There's a severe lack of Hardware Button Android devices, the first company to bring one out a licensed Android Gamepad that links to the Play store would wipe the floor with the Vita and even the DS in time. The only choices right now though are the rapidly falling out of favour Xperia Play (no ICS for thisAngry) and various dodgy Chinese efforts.

rockford View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 10:06am
Ouch!
I code, therefore I am.
stu73 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Blast Off & Strike The Evil Bydo Empire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 1:39am
I was given one for free, anyone got any idea how to play mame games on this??? Where's the credit button?
SPACE HARRIER WORLD CHAMPION on Saturn, PS2 and MAME and SPACE HARRIER II on MD --- Squilla's Lair
Sleazy View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sleazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2013 at 8:23am
start & select together is credit.

Mame on this is a bit lacking as its Mame4all and a lot of titles dont run. It has a decent CPS1&2 emulator available though.

stu73 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Blast Off & Strike The Evil Bydo Empire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stu73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2013 at 12:48am
Space Harrier no worky on that CPS thingy :(
SPACE HARRIER WORLD CHAMPION on Saturn, PS2 and MAME and SPACE HARRIER II on MD --- Squilla's Lair
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic