Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > UK Highscores
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2012 Highscore Challenge-Round 4-Closed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Bonus Stage
Bonus Stage

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RichyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 10:44pm
I'm dreadful at this. I've beaten the red knight now, but playing is a bit if a chore.

Shark™ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shark™ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 10:44pm
hmm.. seems you either had it on the master system and loved it, or you didnt have it and are now too old to get into it.. lol..

made it final boss and died again..

1cc is getting closer all the time.

something ive noticed.. the game throws more gold at you after a few credits. i notice when i first power up the board, big gold is not so frequent. but after a few credits (and the board warms up lol) random 68golds appear to be more frequent.

Edited by TheSharkfactor - 20 February 2012 at 10:45pm
ᘓ❗#?ᘒ❗
Don't think!... Feel
We can take this boat...
ben76 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Official Porchy fan club member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 11:12pm
loved it on the master system love it on the arcade 
I Porchy
chuckiepie View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckiepie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 12:17am

Never saw this in an arcade to play before and struggling to get into it. You got to put the time in on this one to learn everything, you can't just pick it up and be good at it. Looks like there is going to be a couple of huge scores and the rest under 10%

Shark™ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shark™ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 2:11am
You get two weeks

Edit: and you got a 1cc video on page two of the thread.. Good luck!

Edited by TheSharkfactor - 21 February 2012 at 2:12am
ᘓ❗#?ᘒ❗
Don't think!... Feel
We can take this boat...
1up View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 6:30am
Originally posted by stevearcade stevearcade wrote:

Mind you, I've got to be honest, I'm not feeling this one as an arcade game. It's really a console game, but that said it's not refined enough as a console game to really be a console game either (if that makes sense Confused).

Must have been an operators nightmare. You spend stupid long time on a single credit.
chuckiepie View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuckiepie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 9:01am
I was thinking exactly the same 1up, guess that's why i never saw it in an arcade. 
muddymusic View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 9:48am
I first played this an animal park near where I used to live. 20p didn't go that far if you died on the first boss I remember LOL
The place is still open, it could well still be there!

Bubble Bobble Twin Galaxies Official Score 6,060,730, Rainbow Islands 9,999,990, Road Fighter 1,174,510.
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 11:49am
Found a gamepad to play it on, much better!

Bubble Bobble Twin Galaxies Official Score 6,060,730, Rainbow Islands 9,999,990, Road Fighter 1,174,510.
Shark™ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shark™ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 11:53am
thats better muddy!

you had been earning well too i see...that is a respectible amount of gold.
ᘓ❗#?ᘒ❗
Don't think!... Feel
We can take this boat...
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 12:00pm
Yeah had a good run, using the whirlwind fire and jump for hidden coins got a lot of 65+ this run.
Was fully legend too - good tip on grabbing the legend armour and going back to kong instead of sliding around for him!

Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 4:29pm
Made it to the end Smile
Lots of missed points and coins along the way. Remembered a hidden shop with a potion just before the labyrinth and picked up a big heart right before the end boss so had plenty of energy to button mash the end boss.
Think i had 2175 coins at the end.

Shark™ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shark™ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 5:06pm
good job!

looks like i'll have to get waggling some more..

is that the 1st time you 1cc'd it?

ᘓ❗#?ᘒ❗
Don't think!... Feel
We can take this boat...
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 5:13pm
Second time for a 1cc, Once I had done it on the pcb I sold it. Silly boy.

Shark™ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shark™ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 6:11pm
lol.. i'll not part with mine unless an original sega board comes up at a decent price. it's a rare game, and so many ways to play it... im still learning new tricks.

im also going to look into w'boy 3 dragons trap on the sms.. from what i hear it is better, but ive only ever played the 1st level before, which is the same as this game.. so it could be very interesting and fun to learn an new old game..

ᘓ❗#?ᘒ❗
Don't think!... Feel
We can take this boat...
strykr View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Dragooooooo!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by TheSharkfactor TheSharkfactor wrote:

lol.. i'll not part with mine unless an original sega board comes up at a decent price. it's a rare game, and so many ways to play it... im still learning new tricks.

im also going to look into w'boy 3 dragons trap on the sms.. from what i hear it is better, but ive only ever played the 1st level before, which is the same as this game.. so it could be very interesting and fun to learn an new old game..

Mate you will love this game!!! its a classic

Edited by strykr - 21 February 2012 at 6:36pm
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men"
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
Wanted - Space Gun PCB
stevearcade View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
6-Button Basher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevearcade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2012 at 7:55pm
Yeah, sorry to rain on your parade, but it's a hell of game and steps up a lot from Monster World IMO. I'm currently working my way through the Game Gear version, which interestingly is a bit different. Little touches like some walls have been moved, some shops have been moved, some items you used to buy, you get by defeating certain bad guys and some items you used to get from bad guys you must now buy. Very subtle changes, I'm yet to make my mind up, but I'm feeling the GG version is actually superior. Although, the GG is one of my favourite consoles and I have a bit of bias for anything GG. I'm not actually playing it on the Game Gear though. I'm too old for that (and I don't have one). It's blown up massive on my 40" LCD TV LOL. Better that way to be honest. Easy on the eyes.

Get stuck in mate, there are tones of walkthrough's and videos online. Don't do it by them, but skim read one in advance just to give you a heads up on the general movements of the game. This is a big game with many, many nuance and optional side missions. On a sprint you'll struggle to complete this in under an hour. It's a journey of discovery and until you figure out what to buy when, you can potentially die a fair few times. It has a password save and I've been playing this game for most of my life and have never completed it in one sitting and have certainly never even come close to completing without using a continue. There are some rock hard bits.

No points to score on this game, just gotta save the world, Wonder Boy style Wink.

Good luck.
Put that in your PCB test rig and smoke it!
Shark™ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shark™ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2012 at 11:17pm

have been playing for two whole evenings trying to beat muddy's score..

t the end of the game i had 2,524 gold..

..brings that to a grand total of..

this is the highest score ive managed so far with the pcb..

Tongue
ᘓ❗#?ᘒ❗
Don't think!... Feel
We can take this boat...
ben76 View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ben76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2012 at 11:23pm
I've lost the knack of getting 60 odd gold. Confused
I Porchy
Shark™ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shark™ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2012 at 12:03am
its pretty random ben.. i'll be honest.. in order to acheive a score like the above, i have to re-start the game a dozen times. just giving up halfway through somtimes after 25mins play or more, lol, i may even restart round1 a dozen times till im happy that im onto a good run..

sometimes the game throws gold at you.. sometimes its real tight and give you pennies..  im not happy fulfilling a credit until i know im playing a game that is going to yield a good score.

sometimes i die in later levels after a tremendous run that i now would yield a super high score.. then its back to ten takes of round1 until ive scored at least 1 bag of 68golds from the level. .. hours of fun.. (?).. lol..

dont be fooled by my 1cc video.. i really did mean what i said at the begining.. "wonder boy in monsterland, take: one hundred and twenty"
ᘓ❗#?ᘒ❗
Don't think!... Feel
We can take this boat...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic