Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Members Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Today I received...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 527528529
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
2huwman View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 11:41am
Today I received...the RoadBlasters I bought from eBay:

Not as shabby as I was expecting, since the the courier phoned me up before delivery to make sure I knew what a state it was in! He couldn't believe that someone would actually pay money for this or to have it transported! The wood's all sound though and it's complete except for the monitor chassis and the back door for the monitor. The auction seemed to end on the cheap side, but I wouldn't have wanted to pay much more for it. 

The game PCBs were flapping about inside, only being secured at the bottom! The CPO is generally good and the whole thing will look a lot better without all the muck there is on it!

But my plan is to do a full restore on it. I'll be needing some repro side art & a marquee!

Edited by 2huwman - 02 November 2017 at 11:44am
Message me if you need a JAMMA Cab-ready 15Khz MAME PC!
Flinnster View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flinnster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 12:08pm
That should be wicked once it's cleaned up and with sideart yeah Big smile
Wanted:
- PCBs: Rainbow Islands, Rolling Thunder
- Parts: Naomi non-swivel castor wheel, coin mech metal clip for Dino King Door
- House Extension
damagestar View Drop Down
Patreon
Patreon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damagestar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 12:16pm
Looks like a nice project. The cpo looks pretty good which is always nice.
muddymusic View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Official Porchy fan club member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 3:15pm
I think you did really well with that. Nice price and cab is better than expected Smile
Repro Arcade Artwork supplier, pm me or visit arcadeartshop.com
2huwman View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 3:49pm
Thanks guys - I'm very happy with it. 

Olly - do you have the side art perchance?! Smile
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2017 at 5:24pm
Is it a USA one? I should be able to sort the side art and marquee for that no probs.

The US one has a sticker for side art, and the Irish art completely covers the side of the cab.

Edited by muddymusic - 02 November 2017 at 5:25pm
strykr View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen
Dragooooooo!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strykr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2017 at 12:01am
indeed, nice pick up 2huwman Approve
Wanted - Electrocoin Wheels Runner Cabinet http://tinyurl.com/oq6dkau
Badlands & Champ sprint TG mame WR holder
2huwman View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2017 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

Is it a USA one? I should be able to sort the side art and marquee for that no probs.

The US one has a sticker for side art, and the Irish art completely covers the side of the cab.

She's Irish!

Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muddymusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2017 at 1:24pm
Full side covering it is then! I can get a nice match for it as I just happen to have an Irish System 1 cab in my workshop right now Smile
2huwman View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2huwman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2017 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by muddymusic muddymusic wrote:

Full side covering it is then! I can get a nice match for it as I just happen to have an Irish System 1 cab in my workshop right now Smile

That's terrific - thanks very much!
penrhos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penrhos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2017 at 11:07am
Just swapped a "We missed you" card for a small box of goodies I EMS'd back from Japan.

Gals Panic S (Extra).
CECH-ZM1 PS2/3 memory card reader for a System 246/256 project....
Naomi Dimm firmware update GDROM (V2.17 - which you can then netboot up to V4.01).
Pack of PC Engine CDROM2 middle cogs & retaining clips.

A large box of goodies I SEA Freighted back is currently sat in customs so I should have them next weekend, that'll probably be the last shipment this year...

After paying HMRC £30 I got the box today, not looking good so far as the first item I tested is DOA.

Taito Type-X - this is a spare in case my other one with TGM installed breaks - it looks rough but works OK.

Naomi Net-dimm and three random security chips - I'll replace them with Zero PIC's for netbooting.

One dead Duo-r - sold as working, having stripped it down to see why it won't boot games , it looks properly knackered - but I might be able to fix it with some parts from the scrap PC-Engine box.

Boxed DUO with , inserts, manual, small box with pad, composite video lead & Japanese PSU, fortunately this one works fine and has already been RGB modded.

Edited by penrhos - 11 November 2017 at 10:26pm
Cabs : 2 * Leisure 2000, 2 * Euro 25, 1 * Velwix, 1 * Super Megalo.
acidburn View Drop Down
Kill Screen
Kill Screen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acidburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2017 at 4:25pm
Drove to Wales yesterday and picked up this BOP Smile

acidburn

10 PRINT "BOOBS"
20 GOTO 10
RUN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 527528529
  Share Topic