Forum Home Forum Home > General Arcade Chat > Arcade - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The first game you played?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 505152
Author
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radfoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2016 at 11:08pm
Not sure what I first played, but I know combat on the VCS is the first game I saw when I was about 2, probably shortly after I would have played pacman or Frogger.

Arcades came later, Out Run Deluxe whilst on holiday in Benidorm, summer 86. Shortly followed by Kung Fu then Track and Field :-)

Edit - Remember thats all wrong, first arcade game was space invaders black and white cocktail cabinet at a friends house, probably 1982 or 1983.  Not long after his Dad sold it so he could buy a ZX Spectrum Confused

Edited by radfoo - 30 September 2016 at 8:46pm
***WANTED***
Looking for a Sega / Gremlin cabinet, type used with Frogger, Astro Blaster, Carnival, Digger etc.
Thanks
ChillingGod View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillingGod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2016 at 12:47pm
Probably it was Time Pilot on the Atari VCS 
FerociousSwan View Drop Down
High Score
High Score

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FerociousSwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2016 at 1:47am
First game was likely something like 2088 on the Spectrum, that or Head Over Heels or Ghostbusters.

First arcade game I recall was Robocop ... (Recently got the PCB to relive my childhood, got the 1cc so my 7 year old self has closure now )
landisama View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote landisama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2016 at 8:51am
I was 10 years old. Close to my home was a store that had three arcade games. One of them was Street Fighter 2. I was mesmerized by it.  I played one game with Chun Li and was beaten to death by Ryu who kept spamming hadoukens.  I still love and play the game and I think every piece of it is legendary.
There is no knowledge that is not power
risings0n View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote risings0n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2016 at 8:26pm
 First game was Pong at cousins house.

The first arcade game -Asteroids at the local pool/snooker hall
jfs9999 View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfs9999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2016 at 12:07pm
For me Altered beast and golden axe! Played in a small arcade room in the downtown area.
MDK View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 12:31pm
First for me was Target renegade on the ZX spectrum, the first game to make my jaw drop was SF2.
Rasputin View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rasputin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 3:15pm
Outrun 2 sit down when I was 10 at Skegness.
babyblue View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2016 at 11:43am
The first game i played back in the eighties would be Ninja spirits for the C64. First type of gaming console we owned.
Twb View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 10:03am
It was space invaders in 1980 they had put one in the local chip shop, that was it I was hooked!
automark View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote automark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 4:31pm
Space invaders, it was in our garage, my dad had to repair it.
Doom View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2017 at 4:05am
One of the first Arcade games I remember playing was King of Fighters 94, I was something like 10 years old.
ssppllaatt View Drop Down
Level Up
Level Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssppllaatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2017 at 9:19pm
My first was Pacman on a Taito cocktail cabinet. I was sneaked into a pub while the boss was out (I was 6 at the time) and had to hide under it quietly when he unexpectedly popped back in briefly.

Happy days!
WANTED - Finalizer Super Transformation, Atari Tetris (cocktail version)
Rocco View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2017 at 10:46pm
Ghost Goblins here

I had 6 years old ...great times ..
DisQo View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DisQo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 11:14pm
God knows the exact first one I played, but Gyruss was the game I remember playing for 8 hours straight once with my brothers when I was but a young lad.

Let me rephrase that, I watched for hours and had a few games...
Pinball View Drop Down
Power Up
Power Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 12:34am
For video games, I grew up on a uni campus and had access to mainframes. I probably played something earlier, but I do remember playing Star Trek on the Video Genie computer in the late-1970s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyaxjAoYwYs

Also played Asteroids on cross-channel ferries at the same time!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 505152
  Share Topic